Thursday 13 February 2014

Beauty?


'You're Beautiful'?
How many times have you heard that utterance? or how many times did you believe it rather?


Why is it in today's society, people struggle with being able to believe they're beautiful?, To me, everyone can be beautiful, and I don't mean appearance wise. I am not saying that if you have long amazing hair and the face to match that you're beautiful. I mean genuine people, who are nice and have kind hearts. Those who are beautiful from the INSIDE-OUT 

There is nothing wrong with believing that you'r beautiful, in fact, if that is something you can grasp hold of in life, then you're sure to feel better about yourself! Too many times there have been incidents when someone has attempted to take their life, or they have suffered severe emotional and psychological damage because they're under the impression that beauty is something based on the way you look. It can be, but that's not true beauty. True beauty is being a person who shows love, someone who treats people with the utter most respect and care, someone who no matter what, does not speak cruel words to or about someone. That's true beauty. 

Too many times have I had young girls and boys, both who I know personally or have worked with, come up to me and express how they don't feel 'beautiful' because their physical appearance isn't attractive to some people. Yet, little do they know, every single one of those boys and girls have beautiful personalities.  I say these things because everyone, at some point in their life, will struggle to believe that they're beautiful. and I was one of these people.

The belief that appearance is the most important thing in any relationship, has been far too comfortably adopted by society! Phrases like 'you can't f**k a personality' sweep social media sites on a day-to-day basis, and I can accept that people who write this think they're being either 'funny' or this is genuinely their personal view, but it's quite sad to think that people are judging someone solely based on how 'attractive' they appear. I've known people to be too scared to talk to their friends about someone they have met or like, in case they're friends would be so shallow enough as to say 'Why do you like them, they're ugly?' - If you're naive and ignorant enough to think this way, or say this. It's you who is 'ugly'

You can spend so much time stressing over your physical appearance such as weight, how your hair looks today? your features etc. That you forgot, the real and ONLY reason people are loved, liked, adored etc, is because they're a BEAUTIFUL PERSON. They're someone you know you can trust, depend on, have a laugh with, and not feel like you're worthless. This is what beautiful people really are, and I don't dispute the fact that 'beauty' can be a physical trait, but that's not it should be solely. 


The sooner people realise this, the better

Remember, physical beauty deteriorates

I am so beautiful, sometimes people weep when they see me. And it has nothing to do with what I look like really, it is just that I gave myself the power to say that I am beautiful, and if I could do that, maybe there is hope for them too. And the great divide between the beautiful and the ugly will cease to be. Because we are all what we choose. Margaret Cho

No comments:

Post a Comment