Friday 2 January 2015

A New Project

So, it's a new year and I reviewed my blog and realised, I didn't really do much blogging last year, which upset me because I love to write, and I love you to share with you guys what's on my heart and my passions.

Nonetheless, I have thought of 'A New Project', also challenge for myself this year. I am not sure how many of you have noticed but in today's society, Women aren't exactly the most encouraging towards or about one another, and this to me isn't right. Women face enough oppression and doubt worldwide from the male population, without having to feel the same worthlessness from fellow women. And I'd like to just add these feelings of worthlessness aren't the truth about who women are and who women are called to be. It's only right that in a world where women are constantly fighting for equality in some shape or form, that they start with how they treat each other

Ladies! It doesn't help to label each other, it's not healthy and like I said before, it's not true either. Constant negativity and bitchiness towards one another is corrupting the image of 'A Woman' and it's deteriorating all the truths about us. We aren't 'bitches' nor are we 'ugly' or 'basic' or 'side chicks'. or whatever other slander is written over the internet. Don't entertain these lies for the sake of 'likes' or more 'popularity'. It breaks my heart when I scroll through internet timeline's and see a bundle of despicable comments on another girls photo, or wall claiming how 'ugly' and 'fat' she is, or even to the extent where females have decided that it's okay to completely rip apart a fellow female because she has a different fashion sense. It's not okay, nor will it ever will be. 

I no longer want to live in a world where I might be afraid to dress a certain way, or think a certain way, out of fear that another girl is going to put me down. and I will admit, in the past, I had been like that, constantly feeling like a 'lower status' girl, because I was never pretty enough, or fashionable enough and I didn't act in certain ways, and it was girls that made me feel that way, not guys! and it wasn't accidental, these girls went out of there way, to  make me feel of low worth. But that is no longer my issue, I know my self worth, I know my identity, and I am confident in the women that I am called to be. And I believe it has to start here. I want other women to know this worth, to recognise that they aren't what the world says but what the truth says. and it's incredible.

So, back to this project of mine. I am making it my goal, that once a week, every week, I will write one truth on my blog about women, and who we really are. and not what we say we are. This will be challenging for me too, because I have to know wand believe them myself. and even if one person can believe those truth's then I have done what I intended to do.
But what I will say is, If you are a female, and you are reading this, try encouraging your fellow women, it doesn't hurt you to think positively about one another, no woman is more superior than the next, regardless of your believed 'status'. Love one another, support each other, build each other up.

"When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness" Proverbs 31:26

No comments:

Post a Comment