Tuesday 17 September 2013

Broken..

I am going to apologies now for any spelling mistakes I make and any previous ones from other blogs... You're probably wondering why today's blog title is called broken and I am going to tell you

After youth this evening, I decided that I wanted to cover the topic of broken families, which sadly, isn't uncommon in our society today. My family aren't broken in the sense that my Mum and Dad are divorced because that certainly isn't the case but we certainly aren't the world's most functional family. In fact we are far from it.. the issue with the people in my family is that we hold grudges, we're too stubborn to turn to each other and say look, I understand that we've been through a lot and had our differences but I am sorry.. those words aren't familiar to my family!

I don't know how many of you can relate to this, but for me, the importance of family is quite potentially the most important aspect of life, what good is it to live a life without the support of your family! and don't get me wrong, your family can be whoever you choose them to be, whether that be you're adopted or you don't have a Mother or a Father. but the important fact is, we need to cherish those in our family for better and for worse because when it comes down to it, generally speaking they're all we have on this earth. I guess for me it's slightly different as I am a Christian and spend a lot of my time in Church which is great because I am surrounded by an awesome church family and I know that someone has always got my back, but I understand that's not the case for everyone..

I know families argue, and people fall out, but I just want to encourage anyone who reads this that feels like their family is falling apart or that they never really had one in the first place. Try and resolve those issues because life is so much better when you have your family to turn to. I know it's easier said than done and someone could be reading this who has had the most awful upbringing and been a product of an abusive family and think I am talking a load of rubbish.. but you're not alone! I believe God loves every single one of you and that could mean absolutely nothing to you.. and fair enough if it doesn't, but I am always here to talk to you, and if you can't turn to your family support, I am always here for advice. and if you have read this and thought about how broken your family is, remember things that become broken, can always be fixed.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment